What is an athletic trainer?
After partnering with Seattle Children's Hospital from 2018-2023, Seattle Prep is proud to have dedicated the resources required to hire our own full-time, dedicated Certified Athletic Trainer to work directly with Panther Athletics.
Athletic trainers work with student-athletes, coaches and parents to make sure young athletes are well prepared for activities, properly treated for injuries and can return to play safely and quickly.
Services they provide:
- Immediate emergency care and treatment; including cervical spine stabilization and cardiac emergencies
- Evaluate return to play
- Injury prevention, assessment, care and rehabilitation
- Taping, weight training programs and review of medical releases
- Conditioning and flexibility training suggestions
- Education about sports safety and nutrition
- Sport-specific training and conditioning programs
- Referrals when medically necessary
Our Athletic Trainer generally begins at 1:30pm each day and is available for appointments as well as check-ins with current student-athletes under care. Afternoons are spent with both training room hours as well as covering events.