The Seattle Prep Counseling Department supports the Jesuit tradition of the Graduate at Graduation. Services and programs are designed to enhance the academic and social experiences of students and to provide support to students and parents throughout the four years at Prep. The freshman/sophomore/junior counseling team works with students during freshman, sophomore and first semester junior year to ensure a successful transition into high school and establish a solid foundation academically and socially. The college counseling team focuses in particular on the college guidance process while continuing to support the academic and social success of the students. The college counselors officially take over with juniors second semester junior year.
As a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory school, Seattle Prep provides a comprehensive program of college counseling. College Counseling services include:
- Individual meetings with students and parents to assist in the college selection and search process.
- A sequence of parent/student meetings to provide information, resources and support for the college admissions process.
- A yearly financial aid night to assist parents with the financial aid process.
- On site visitation by over 100 college admissions directors and representatives each year.
- Access to a web-based software program that links students, parents and school personnel to important resources and that manages the application process.
- Resource center with information on colleges, scholarships and career opportunities.
- SAT classes offered on site.