Diversity at Prep
Seattle Prep embraces diversity as a core characteristic of its Catholic, Jesuit identity. Prep recognizes the sanctity of each individual as one created in God’s image and values the many and varied ways God’s Spirit animates a vibrant, pluralistic Ignatian school culture.
As our Diversity Vision Statement boldly proclaims, we …intentionally and vigorously foster an appreciation of and commitment to a diverse community, one of respect where individual differences are valued. In that context, this office works with the entire Seattle Prep family to build a strong, loving, inclusive and faith-filled community.
The role of the diversity program is to support the community’s journey to “…act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with our God” for the transformation of ourselves and the world. Everything we do at Prep is deeply and vitally important to our mission as a Catholic, Jesuit school. All of us are called to humbly, compassionately and courageously embrace the diversity of our school and our world, and to support and nurture the spiritual, intellectual and personal growth of every member of our school family.
Diversity Vision Statement
- Intentionally and vigorously foster an appreciation of and commitment to a diverse community, one of respect where individual differences are valued.
- Actively pursue opportunities that create and sustain a diverse student body, faculty, staff, administration and Board.
- Seamlessly interweave our commitment to diversity within our curricular and co-curricular activities so as to engender a spirit of respect and appreciation for our differences as an inherent good that is vital to our community’s education and culture.
- Incorporate our commitment to diversity within all policies, practices, decision making and pursuit of goals.
- Recognize that the “commitment to justice” articulated in the Profile of the Graduate at Graduation includes a commitment to diversity, a commitment that is a shared responsibility for which all members of the community are accountable.