Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Seattle Prep embraces diversity as a core characteristic of its Catholic, Jesuit identity. Prep recognizes the sanctity of each individual as one created in God’s image and values the many and varied ways God’s Spirit animates a vibrant, pluralistic Ignatian school culture.
- Intentionally and vigorously foster an appreciation of and commitment to a diverse community, one of respect where individual differences are valued.
- Actively pursue opportunities that create and sustain a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Seamlessly interweave our commitment to diversity within our curricular and co-curricular activities so as to engender a spirit of respect and appreciation for our differences as an inherent good that is vital to our community’s education and culture.
- Incorporate our commitment to diversity within all policies, practices, decision making and goals.
- Recognize that the “commitment to justice” articulated in the Profile of the Graduate at Graduation includes a commitment to diversity, a commitment that is a shared responsibility for which all members of the community are accountable.
MEET THE DIrector of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Deino Scott '74 is a proud Seattle Prep graduate. He attended the University of Washington and earned a BA in English. He followed his mother’s lead and taught over a dozen years in public school before returning to Seattle Preparatory School. He has coached football and track & field at Prep. Track is Deino's athletic passion and he has coached since 1990. It has taken him around the world, including numerous trips to China. In his role as Diversity Director, Deino advocates for a diverse population at Prep, as its mission statement directs, and ensures students are able to fully participate in all that Seattle Preparatory School has to offer. He is proud to have met civil rights icons Ruby Bridges and Bob Zeller, and African American historian Henry Louis Gates.